This position provides a unique opportunity for an ambitious individual to expand their portfolio by partnering with The Decision Factory to build and develop our IT and Database processes. Candidates will have an adept understanding of database creation with experience of both front and back and development. The right person for this role will have experience in working collaboratively, with a willingness and an ability to share best practice and improve processes.
The position is particularly suited to candidates building careers in Coding and Database design, IT systems development.
- Travel for quarterly board or ad hoc client meetings will be paid by The Decision Factory
- Minimum commitment of 6 months
- Negotiable but ideally 1-3 days per week
- 2-4 hours per day for initial 2 months and 2 hours a week thereafter
- To apply, please include a CV (2 pages max) and covering letter (1 page max)
The IT Systems & Infrastructure Manager will provide essential support to the Communications and Administration Team at The Decision Factory. The successful candidate will lead on the production of The Decision Factory database keeping in mind GPDR and contact storage. This will help to increase the security and long-term potential of The Decision Factory and enable us to deliver programmes across the UK with longevity.
Duties and Responsibilities
The right person for this role will have experience in working collaboratively, with a willingness and an ability to share best practice and improve processes. You will be a strong problem solver and excellent at managing your time.
You will also have some experience of working with our technical environment, with software development courses or certifications advantageous:
Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle
- MVC Web framework (Catalyst)
- Database ORM system (DBIx::Class)
- Modern Perl Object Oriented system (Moose)
- Templating System (TT)
- OO Design Patterns and Database structure
- The ability to demonstrate good object orientated coding knowledge
- Knowledge of software design patterns and effective development methodologies
- Good problem-solving abilities
To apply for this role email: email@example.com with a recent CV (2 pages) and a covering letter (1 page) detailing your relevant work experience today.